httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r795451 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:21:21 GMT

On Sep 11, 2009, at 5:53 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>> Can we compromise on the name NotFoundHandler, MissingFileHandler,
>>> NotFoundAction,  MissingFileAction, or any of a dozen other possible
>>> variations that don't contain the misleading word "Default"?
>>
>> FWIW, I preferred your earlier suggestion of Fallback[Handler|
>> Action].
>
> your input please?
>
> It would be nice to fix rather than revert, but I'll personally do
> either
> on Monday, because we can't tag a 2.3 alpha with an veto still open.

Sorry for my lack of response. Travel, work. Usual excuses. Sorry.

FallbackHandler and FrontController both make a lot of sense to me.
FrontController seems like it might be more "correct", in terms of
accepted usage in the larger world out there, but either one makes me
happy.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com