httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Who can cast binding votes?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:22:46 GMT

On 16 Sep 2009, at 15:10, Dan Poirier wrote:

> While we're discussing voting, I've been looking at
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html
>
> Under "Apache HTTP Server Committers" it says "these volunteers may
> cast
> binding votes on any technical discussion".
>
> Under "Voting", it says "the only binding votes are those cast by
> active
> members of the Apache Group", which sounds like PMC members, but that
> would imply that not all committers can cast binding votes,
> contradicting what was said earlier.
>
> Can someone clarify that for me?

Any committer can vote in STATUS, and we treat all votes as equal.
I guess that counts as technical issues.  Not sure if that's just de-
facto,
but it's happened for as long as I can remember.

Project management matters, such as approving a release or
electing a new committer, are for the PMC.

Can't help on that frankly-confusing wording you quote.

--
Nick Kew