httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Cantu <rica...@smartcsc.com>
Subject mod_fcgid
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:08:58 GMT
Came across something else in testing mod_fcgid. mod_fastcgi would consider
every symbolic link to the same program as a unique program and would start it
up based on the program name and not the inode/device node. Since mod_fcgid
only was checking inode/device node, symbolic links were considered the same
as the real program. Does anybody think that is a needed behaviour? Why would
you rename the program name and still want to consider it the same program?
Either way I made a patch that can retain the old behaviour via a directive.
If it's decided that the old behaviour is unneeded I can take the directive
out and make it respect program name by default. I included the patch for
review and if every thing is cool I'll write the xml for the new directive.