httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: backport and enhancement of patch 724717]
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:01:00 GMT
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:22:28PM +0200, Peter Sylvester wrote:
> The patch for 724717 moves some logic from ssl_engine_kernel into
> ssl__engine_vars and simplifies the code (and enhances it btw).
> Can this code be backported to the 2.2.x version

Have you done any testing on that?  I hadn't done much beyond running
the test suite, IIRC.

> The enhancement is to add the "_n" suffix for multiple occurences
> of attributs which seems good. in addition it concentrates logic
> at one place ...
>
> ... almost. Wouldn't it be better to move the for loop in the
> following snippet of ssl_engine_kernel (and the ssl_hoolFixup_vars
> table also inside the the routine above (changing maybe its name).

That separation was deliberate - the modssl_var_extract_dns() function
purely handles the DN extraction - the rest of the variables are
unrelated to the DN handling.  I don't see that's a big issue.

Regards, Joe