httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@apache.org>
Subject Re: vote on concept of ServerTokens Off
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:39:55 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Except that in this case, between Lars offer to "ignore" his vote/veto, and
> the fact that he hasn't responded in 21 months (I also emailed him directly
> last week to ensure he made note of this thread), he apparently does not
> feel strongly enough to either confirm his veto, or confirm his willingness
> to be talked out of this veto.  Jeff asked for explicit confirmation or
> retraction of this veto on Dec 6th 2006, and Lars had not responded, so it
> appears we can move ahead as this statement above appeared to be half-way
> retracted veto, and he's unwilling to comment further to either agree with
> Jim, or explicitly vote -0/distasteful.

My apologies for not responding earlier, but I was busy moving from
Munich to London last week ...

As far as I remember, Mads Toftum also voted with a -1.
My -1 hasn't changed as I still feel very strongly about this for reasons
already discussed back in 2006 (and once in 2004 or 2005 when the
same discussion came up).

Given two -1s and many people voting -0 I'm wondering why we are still
discussing this topic?

P.S.: I'm not sure what you mean with "hasn't responded in 21 months"?
I voted in 2006 on this topic and then you picked up this thread
last week?

cheers...
--
Lars Eilebrecht