httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: criteria for axing MPMs from the tree
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:09:13 GMT
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Paul Smedley <
pauldespam@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:36:29 UTC, trawick@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > * The last OS/2-specific MPM change I can find was in 2003
> > (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=101826).
> >
> > Votes:
> >
> > [ ] yank BeOS MPM from trunk
> > [ ] yank OS/2 MPM from trunk
> >
> > (I'm +1 on both votes)
>
> Sorry for the late response, but if there is no current OS/2
> maintainer for APR and httpd - I'm happy to take on that role.

I hope you've noticed that the OS/2 MPM is gone from trunk ;)

> I've been building Apache2 on OS/2 for the last 4 years or so, I just
> enver got around to submitting patches.  If the support is pulled, it
> will make my life harder continuing to maintain the port.

All you need to get OS/2 working in trunk is version control *somewhere*,
and to check out the MPM itself on top of httpd trunk.

When patches are submitted to add OS/2 support back to the core, please take
the opportunity to help figure out the real meaning of the conditional logic
so that we don't continually maintain stuff like

#if WINDOWS || NETWARE || OS2 || xx.

(I anticipate that the Windows and NetWare maintainers will assist.  No
worries here if these are tracked by a handful of new "characteristics,"
almost all of which are common between these three platforms ;) )