httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Apache HTTP Server development
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:24:02 GMT
On 8/24/09 1:58 PM, "Paul Querna" <paul@querna.org> wrote:

> They then switch to lighttpd, because it is so much faster, mostly
> because it runs all the dynamic langauges via FastCGI, like we should.

+1

I still like the idea (maybe it was yours, Paul) of running basically
everything externally using HTTP as the protocol.  Especially, if we
supported things like basic external process management (like fcgid ) and
ability to use domain sockets as well as TCP (it may be academic, but there
can be some nice performance gains).

I still like lua embedded, though. (Or something similar)

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer