httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Balancer-manager, nonce, and xml
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:11:30 GMT
I found something in proxy and was wondering if it was intentional:

In proxy_balancer, we check the "nonce" param and clear the params if
incorrect or missing, however, then you can't view it in xml unless you
include the nonce, because the xml param is no longer available.

I was trying to get one of our monitoring tools to read the xml when I
noticed it.

I also am working on a simple thing to mark balancer members
enable/disabled, but have to first scrap the HTML to get the value of nonce.
This is rather a pain as well.

Basically, I gave up on having a "real" HTTP health check mechanism within
apache and was going to use the balancer manager stuff to enable/disable
origins.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer