httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: Defining mandatory parameters for Apache modules
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:47:10 GMT
I guess the post_config hook should be your friend here.

Regards

Rüdiger

________________________________

	From: Raj Iyer [mailto:Rajalakshmi.Iyer@openwave.com]
	Sent: Donnerstag, 13. August 2009 15:34
	To: dev@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: Defining mandatory parameters for Apache modules

	Hello,

	The Apache web server on start up iterates through the list of configuration directives and
invokes the associated module handler for each directive.

	For e.g. if module A has handlers for directives D1 and D2, then the httpd process on start
up will invoke the handlers within module A when it encounters D1 and D2 in httpd.conf.

	However, what is the best way to find out missing mandatory parameters from within the module.
For e.g. if a directive D3 is mandatory for the module to work, then how can the module on
initialization guarantee that this configuration parameter is provided?

	I do not want to provide a default value for this mandatory configuration directive and also,
I do not want to check whether this mandatory directive is defined or not while handling each
request.

	Thanks in advance,

	Best regards,

	Raj Iyer