httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r808062 - /httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/README-FTP
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:57:40 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> 2) If anyone would do so he would most likely be on Win32 where you get
> a warning and you have to agree before an existing file is overwritten.

I always click 'yes' without paying much attention :)

Seriously ...

> 3) If anyone would really want to combine into httpd sources then this
> would certainly be a developer who is skilled enough to realize that the
> root makefile is useless, and instead its required to modify httpd's
> ./modules/NWGNUmakefile to include the ftp subdirectory + merge the
> install part of mod_ftp's makefile into the httpd root NWGNUmakefile -
> though I wonder who would do this all for zero benefit?

My thought is a script in build/ which would inject NWGNUfoomakefile, and into the httpd build.  Won't get to
this instantly, but this layout makes things simpler.

I have another makefile thought to pursue which should satisfy your
goals more quickly, but let's drop this thread for the time being?

View raw message