httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "t.n.a." <...@sharanet.org>
Subject Analysis of the Apache web server code repository
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:45:55 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am the author of the PanBI <http://www.PanBI.org> open source business
intelligence project. PanBI provides data  extraction, transformation
and loading logic as well as data warehouse schemas for a number of
systems and Subversion - used by Apache - is one of the systems supported.

I have designed a dedicated Subversion data warehouse and loading logic
so that Subversion repository data can be analyzed using OLAP tools. To
demonstrate the functionality, I have made a short screencast
<http://panbi.sourceforge.net/systems/subversion/olap.html> (7 minutes)
using none other than the Apache web server's code repository as the one
under analysis.

I thought it would be interesting for you - elbow deep in the web
server's code - to see visualizations of activity on the project. I also
thought you might consider PanBI valuable in the future as a tool to
monitor activity on the project. I, on the other hand, am very much
interested to hear your comments, opinions and suggestions.

Please keep in mind that the current capabilities, while already quite
useful, are just the tip of the iceberg: PanBI is really embarrassingly
extensible. :) Data extracted from the code repository can be combined
with that of a planning tool or a time tracker to make sure everyone is
working on the right thing at the right time. Branches, diff size,
multiple projects and repositories can be supported, the number of
dimensions extended, additional analysis performed...the list is long.  :)

In conclusion, take a look! I would be happy to answer any of your
questions and look forward to hearing any comments you might have by
mail or on the PanBI forums <http://apps.sourceforge.net/phpbb/panbi/>.

Regards,
Tomislav Nakic-A.

--