httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: trunk -> 2.2 proxy alignment
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:09:34 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Some may recall many moons ago I took some time to try
> to bring the proxy code changes (code as well as build)
> from trunk back to 2.2 tree, to help make it easier to
> backport fixes...
>
> I'd like to float that idea again, before I spend any more
> time on it...

The question is, really, what API changes do you want to bring
back.  Those within mod_proxy, httpd, or both?  The group's adopted
policy has been not to break compiled modules going forward on 2.2
(or 2.0, etc), so the question is where is that line?

The group agreed on the no-breaking changes policy, so if the group
agrees that this doesn't apply to API's within mod_proxy or any
third party modules compiled for mod_proxy, the group can do that.

But if folks don't agree that the policy should be suspended for
modules built against mod_proxy, then 2.4 is you answer, whether
this is trunk/ or a combination of httpd branch 2.2 + proxy trunk,
or whatever.