httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] add an alternate icon for back.(gif|png)
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:19:01 GMT
All,
we have the nice IndexStyleSheet directive for a while now with
mod_autoindex, and if you make use of it and choose a black background
instead of the default white then our back.(gif|png) is close to
invisible since its also black. Therefore I would like to add another
alternate icon which is also widely used, and looks also nice with the
default white background; its named dirup.gif.
Here's a sample which shows the problem:
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/testautoindex/
the first icon is the folder-like back icon I wish to add, where the
second one (for dummy.back) is the default we currently offer with our
icons.
Unfortunately I dont know with what tool our icons were created, and how
to properly convert the dirup.gif into png - therefore any help with
this is greatly appreciated! I tried few tools, but none resulted in an
equally small png icon compared to f.e. folder.png.
Bill, I think you did in the past touch the icons already, or?

G√ľnter.