httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: criteria for axing MPMs from the tree
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:25:36 GMT
Paul Smedley wrote:

>> [ ] yank BeOS MPM from trunk
>> [ ] yank OS/2 MPM from trunk
>>
>> (I'm +1 on both votes)
>
> Sorry for the late response, but if there is no current OS/2
> maintainer for APR and httpd - I'm happy to take on that role.
>
> I've been building Apache2 on OS/2 for the last 4 years or so, I just
> enver got around to submitting patches.  If the support is pulled, it
> will make my life harder continuing to maintain the port.

If you've been maintaining it independently to date, you could
presumably continue to do so on exactly the same basis if it
were pulled from the official release.  So that's one option.

I see you've posted a patch to dev@apr.  I am, alas, not
competent to review it.  If anyone on the APR and HTTPD
projects has OS2 and the time to review it, maybe this
could be a start to reviving OS2 support, and to your
working with the apache community.

Why not start with a review of the options:
   - maintain it at apache.org
   - maintain it independently
and tell us what you think are the pros and cons of
moving from one to the other.

Oh, and do point us at your patches, in case anyone
is in a position to review them.

--
Nick Kew