httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Raj Iyer" <>
Subject Defining mandatory parameters for Apache modules
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:34:19 GMT

The Apache web server on start up iterates through the list of
configuration directives and invokes the associated module handler for
each directive.

For e.g. if module A has handlers for directives D1 and D2, then the
httpd process on start up will invoke the handlers within module A when
it encounters D1 and D2 in httpd.conf.

However, what is the best way to find out missing mandatory parameters
from within the module. For e.g. if a directive D3 is mandatory for the
module to work, then how can the module on initialization guarantee that
this configuration parameter is provided?

I do not want to provide a default value for this mandatory
configuration directive and also, I do not want to check whether this
mandatory directive is defined or not while handling each request.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Raj Iyer

View raw message