httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Stromberg <dstrombergli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trouble compiling apache with mod_ssl, having two versions of OpenSSL on openSUSE 10.3
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:46:44 GMT
Someone else replied off-list that 2.2.13 works with OpenSSL 1.0.0
beta, and that there's a patch for 2.2.12 that works as well.

2.2.13 does appear to, though there's one remaining issue:
-DHAVE_OPENSSL still wasn't getting defined.  I added -DHAVE_OPENSSL
to my $CC, and things built, and I can list http and https URL's in
subversion now.  This despite #define HAVE_OPENSSL being in
ap_config_auto.h.

Thanks folks!

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Dan
Stromberg<dstromberglists@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> ssl_toolkit_compat.h:254:2: error: #error "Unrecognized SSL Toolkit!"
> In file included from ssl_private.h:62,
>                 from mod_ssl.c:27:
> ssl_util_ssl.h:78: error: expected â  )â   before â  *â   token
> ssl_util_ssl.h:79: error: expected â  )â   before â  *â   token
> ssl_util_ssl.h:80: error: expected â  =â  , â  ,â  , â  ;â  ,
> â  asmâ   or â  __attribute__â   before â  *â   token
> ssl_util_ssl.h:81: error: expected â  =â  , â  ,â  , â  ;â  ,
> â  asmâ   or â  __attribute__â   before â  *â   token
> ssl_util_ssl.h:82: error: expected â  )â   before â  *â   token
> ssl_util_ssl.h:83: error: expected â  =â  , â  ,â  , â  ;â  ,
> â  asmâ   or â  __attribute__â   before â  *â   token
> ssl_util_ssl.h:84: error: expected â  )â   before â  *â   token
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Dan
> Stromberg<dstromberglists@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems that building Apache 2.2.12 from source against OpenSSL 1.0.0
>> beta 3 (also built from source) on an openSUSE 10.3 system that has
>> rpm's of older Apache and OpenSSL, yields a build failure - maybe
>> because of the dual OpenSSL, maybe not.
>>
>> Is this a known issue?
>>
>> Is there a fix?
>>
>> I've googled and googled, and found nothing but questions.  OK, there
>> were answers, but they were of the "Are you sure you installed
>> OpenSSL?" or "Why not use rpm's?" variety, while I have 2 OpenSSL's
>> not 0, and I can't use rpm's due to the oldness of the OS I must build
>> on and for.
>>
>> It seems like mod_ssl.c isn't #include'ing ap_config_auto.h directly
>> or indirectly, so naturally HAVE_OPENSSL isn't #define'd.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Dan Stromberg<dstromberglists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm puzzled now.
>>>
>>> OpenSSL is either building fine, or building with a problem that has
>>> no corresponding error message.  Yes, I have the OpenSSL 1.0.0 beta 3
>>> tarball - that's what allowed me to build it without an error message.
>>>
>>> It's not until I try to build apache against that OpenSSL that I get an error.
>>>
>>> I have no OpenSSL (build) folder, though I do have an
>>> openssl-1.0.0-beta3 folder (actually, I automatically renamed it to
>>> src, but that's what it's called in the tarball) - is that what you
>>> mean?
>>>
>>> I have quite a bit of experience doing the usual GNU autoconf stuff.
>>> However, OpenSSL doesn't appear to be the usual autoconf stuff, and
>>> apache appears to be the most complex autoconf'd package I've seen.
>>>
>>> I've read through apache's ./configure --help a few times recently,
>>> though nothing obvious is jumping out at me about this error.  It
>>> kinda feels like a build bug - it shouldn't be telling me I have no
>>> OpenSSL when I have 1.5 or 2 versions on my system.
>>>
>>> I think I neglected to mention: When doing web searches on this topic,
>>> I get a decent number of hits - but they're all unanswered questions.

EURO ~*â EURO (tm) token
EURO ~*â EURO (tm) token