httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Stromberg <dstrombergli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trouble compiling apache with mod_ssl, having two versions of OpenSSL on openSUSE 10.3
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:08:44 GMT
It seems that building Apache 2.2.12 from source against OpenSSL 1.0.0
beta 3 (also built from source) on an openSUSE 10.3 system that has
rpm's of older Apache and OpenSSL, yields a build failure - maybe
because of the dual OpenSSL, maybe not.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a fix?

I've googled and googled, and found nothing but questions.  OK, there
were answers, but they were of the "Are you sure you installed
OpenSSL?" or "Why not use rpm's?" variety, while I have 2 OpenSSL's
not 0, and I can't use rpm's due to the oldness of the OS I must build
on and for.

It seems like mod_ssl.c isn't #include'ing ap_config_auto.h directly
or indirectly, so naturally HAVE_OPENSSL isn't #define'd.

Thanks!

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Dan Stromberg<dstromberglists@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> Did you read the README and INSTALL files in the OpenSSL folder (I assume
>> you have openssl tarball downloaded)? They usually explain what and how to
>> use in the ./configure and make commands. Read the help pages for configure
>> and make too.
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Dan Stromberg <dstromberglists@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The subject line summarizes the issue pretty well.  Following are the
>>> details:
>>>
>>> The problem stems, of course, from the new packages I'm building on an
>>> old OS.  I don't have much choice in the matter though - these are the
>>> constraints I must operate within.
>>>
>>> I want to have two versions of OpenSSL on the system in question - one
>>> that comes with OS, and one for a new apache and subversion.
>>>
>>> I've tried both with OpenSSL 0.9.8k and OpenSSL 1.0.0 beta 3.  This
>>> message will cover the specifics of the situation with 1.0.0 beta 3.
>>>
>>> I'm using the following small script to configure and build against
>>> OpenSSL 1.0.0 beta 3:
>>>
>>>   export PATH=/usr/local/svn/bin:$PATH
>>>   CC="gcc -I/usr/local/svn/include -L/usr/local/svn/lib -Wl,-rpath
>>> -Wl,/usr/local/svn/lib" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/svn
>>> --enable-modules=all --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/svn && make -j
>>> 1
>>>
>>> With this script in place, the apache build chugs along for a while,
>>> and then gives copious errors starting with:
>>>
>>>   make[3]: Entering directory
>>> `/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/ssl'
>>>   /usr/local/svn/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc
>>> -I/usr/local/svn/include -L/usr/local/svn/lib -Wl,-rpath
>>> -Wl,/usr/local/svn/lib -g -O2 -pthread    -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT
>>> -D_GNU_SOURCE
>>>      -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/srclib/pcre -I.
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/os/unix
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/server/mpm/prefork
>>>      -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/http
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/filters
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/proxy
>>>      -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/include
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/generators
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/mappers
>>>      -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/database
>>> -I/usr/local/svn/include/apr-1
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/server
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/proxy/../generators
>>>      -I/usr/local/svn/include
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/ssl
>>> -I/data/swbuild/da_build/src/apache2/src/modules/dav/main
>>> -prefer-non-pic -static -c mod_ssl.c && touch mod_ssl.lo
>>>   In file included from ssl_private.h:60,
>>>                    from mod_ssl.c:27:
>>>   ssl_toolkit_compat.h:254:2: error: #error "Unrecognized SSL Toolkit!"
>>>   In file included from ssl_private.h:62,
>>>                    from mod_ssl.c:27:
>>>   ssl_util_ssl.h:78: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’
token
>>>   ssl_util_ssl.h:79: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’
token