httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mansour <mss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help in Understanding Apache Filter
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:33:44 GMT
Hi
I’m working in master project and I need to write an apache filter in this project.

I want to understand how to write a filter in apache, I read tens of tutorials and books and
I did not find any thing simple and clear, I got confused!

For now I need a simple tutorial on how I can write a simple apache filter? Let say the filter
is an output filter that will inject a text to the output. Also, I don’t prefer to use mod_perl
in the filter.

How I can write this filter? How I can compile it? Is apxs will work to configure the filter?

Do you know a good tutorial that will help me in understanding how to write filter for apache?
Or can any one help me with that?

I learned how to write a handler, but I didn't understand how I can make the filter work.

Thanks