httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r806010 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/ap_listen.h server/listen.c
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:09:06 GMT

On 20 Aug 2009, at 21:07, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 08/20/2009 01:55 AM, niq@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: niq
>> Date: Wed Aug 19 23:55:14 2009
>> New Revision: 806010

>> Log:
>> Don't require all listeners to be created equal ...
>>
>> Modified:
>>     httpd/httpd/trunk/include/ap_listen.h
>>     httpd/httpd/trunk/server/listen.c
>
> What is the idea or use case for this change? Currently I am having
> trouble figuring this out.

Think perchild.  No, that's not what I'm working on (wait-and-see),
but it's somewhat analagous with child processes.

Basically I want to spawn children that'll have different roles,
to be determined at child startup.  And they may also sit at
different nodes of a virtual network.  The children are basically
HTTPD slaves, and need to be able to re-use existing
MPM code (any MPM) but have their own dedicated listeners.

--
Nick Kew