httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new functions in httpd trunk
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 16:04:07 GMT
On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> Jeff Trawick schrieb:
> > What other MPMs need them?  If these are of more general use, we can
> > move them to mpm_common.
> >
> > Is your Netware link failing because there is a reference to those
> > functions somewhere, even though they aren't actually used?  (I don't
> > see where Netware uses those, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.)
> for NetWare we need to build a list of exported functions on-the-fly
> from all preprocessed headers, thus these functions slip into the export
> list. If I exclude mpm_comon.h from the preprocessing then I probably
> miss a bunch of other functions ...
>
> Gün.

I think you can just move those functions, and the 2(?) static support
functions they use, to mpm_common.c.  They're not Unix-specific; they just
aren't used currently by non-Unix MPMs.

This will add a little extra unused code for Windows and Netware, but
avoiding that in a general way might be unwieldy:

#if support-loadable-mpms || my-mpm-wants-pod-API
+
getting the right symbols defined

so I wouldn't worry about that until somebody can confirm that it is instead
the bit of unused code built into the server which is unwieldy.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...