httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new functions in httpd trunk
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:18:47 GMT
On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> in mpm_common.h there appear now some new functions named ap_mpm_pod_*;
> however I can currently find only one C implementation of these
> functions in mpm_unix.c - how is it supposed to work for other mpms?

What other MPMs need them?  If these are of more general use, we can move
them to mpm_common.

Is your Netware link failing because there is a reference to those functions
somewhere, even though they aren't actually used?  (I don't see where
Netware uses those, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.)

> Should each mpm have an adapted copy of these functions in its own files?

The core should provide these on as wide a set of platforms as they are
actually used (or at least where somebody thinks it would be good to have
them available, for use by some unbundled MPM).