httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Hracek <phrac...@gmail.com>
Subject Catching graceful restart in apache2 module
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:40:07 GMT
Hello all,

sorry for bother you with this question, but I do not know how to handle
graceful restart in apache2 module.

I will try to explain the situation:
To the our apache2 configuration file are dynamically added directives
<Directory></Directory>
with the authorizations, options, etc.

When the apache2 is running than all web pages are visible and work
correctly,
All applications are running over HTTPS therefore our module handled
sessions with clients.
When I am adding some directive Directory I would like to tell to the
apache2 to reuse/reopen changed configuration file.
When I am calling /usr/sbin/apache2ctl -k graceful then apache2 is restarted
gracefully
unfortunatelly all sessions with clients are deleted during the stopping
case.

Is there any way how to detect that gracefull restart has been started and
where should I place
the code for detection in our module.

Thank you in advance
best regards