httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Events, Destruction and Locking
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:07:05 GMT
On 7/7/09 1:02 PM, "Graham Leggett" <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> Ideally any async implementation should be 100% async end to end. I
> don't believe that its necessary though for a single request to be
> handled by more than one thread.

True.  However, what about things that may be "process" intensive. Ie,
running lua in process.  And we'd want to run multiple async threads (or
processes). One of the issues with lighttpd with multiple processes (to use
multiple cores, etc) is that lots of stuff is broken (ie, log files
interleave).  We just need to be aware of the issues that other servers have
uncovered in this area.

--
Brian Akins