httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where Do I Create Queues in MPM Worker
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:06:22 GMT
2009/7/7 ricardo13 <ricardoogrande@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I didn't know that was in wrong forum. What's the best list to write
> this doubt ??

You may well be on the right list, but right now it isn't too clear
that you really need to be modifying the actual MPM code.

> I want to modify MPM Worker (worker.c) to develop some scheduling
> algorithms.
>
> A first scheduling algorithm would be implement priority. Two queues
> (worker_queue1 and worker_queue2) of sockets where threads (workers) "get"
> all requests from worker_queue1 first, after"get" all requests from
> worker_queue2.

By what criteria would requests get delegated to each queue? In other
words, what is the high level outcome you are trying to achieve. For
example, are you trying to give priority to certain virtual hosts or
listener ports???

Graham