httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ricardo figueiredo <ricardoogra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with worker.c
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:12:05 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton@gmail.com
> wrote:

> In case you haven't already found it, ensure you have a read of:
>

> http://www.fmc-modeling.org/category/projects/apache/amp/4_3Multitasking_server.html
>

> It may not address the specific question, but certainly will give you
> a better overall picture.
>
> The rest of that book is also worth reading as well.

I will read.

My doubt started because, first, FIFO is characteristic of Queue and Queue
has operations as like ENQUEUE() and DEQUEUQ (  PUSH() and POP() to me means
stack-like ).

Second, POP() in worker.c, retrieve sockets based on variable NELTS, but if
it's queue then why retrieves socket (NELTS-1).
For example:
Happen many PUSHs(), nothing POPs() and variable NELTS = 10;
When I will retrieve a socket then NELTS = 9, but and socket 8, or 7, or 6,
Why POP() not recover socket in begin of queue ??

This is my doubt.

Thank you
Ricardo