httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Looking for final determination on shipping binary dbd/dbm stubs]
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:04:10 GMT
On 31 Jul 2009, at 07:28, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> In between are mysql and db which both have copy-left viral terms
> but are not GPL per say.  I thought we had worked out that
> apr_dbd_mysql
> is ok, but I can't find the notes :(

Regarding MySQL, we have the FOSS exception, which grants explicit
permission to distribute apr_dbd_mysql under the ASL.

Regarding Berkeley DB and, um, weak copyleft, are you thinking of
a rather implausible case of a third-party developing and distributing
a derived product using exclusively our binary, without reference to
our source code?

Nick Kew

View raw message