httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r798359 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: modules/ssl/ssl_engine_init.c modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c modules/ssl/ssl_engine_vars.c modules/ssl/ssl_util_ssl.c support/ab.c
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:29:05 GMT
Dr Stephen Henson wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Pity that ml.exe support was stripped (ms\do_masm), it would be a shame
>> for most VC users to drop asm optimizations.
>
> This was mainly due to problems in using some of the more advanced features
> needed by the latest optimisations in all versions of MASM. Different versions
> needed different syntax and some things didn't work at all.

Which was the point of having a generator/translator in the first place :)

I'm happy to chime in on the openssl dev list in active support of this
compiler again.  Obviously with 1.0.0 it's no longer necessary to support
an 11 year old assembler, more recent versions can be assumed, or those
users pointed at the no-asm or nasm build.  Let's take it to that list.