httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Events, Destruction and Locking
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:24:29 GMT

On 07/07/2009 07:02 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Ideally any async implementation should be 100% async end to end. I
> don't believe that its necessary though for a single request to be
> handled by more than one thread.

I agree. I see no reason for multiple threads working on the same request at
the same time (at least handler wise). On the other side it may be interesting
to develop async handlers that wait for external events like a post body or a database
response and that might want to free the thread until this event happens.
The same may be interesting for filters.
So it should be possible for a request to move over to a different thread,
but not more than one thread should be working on the same request at the
same time.

Regards

RĂ¼diger