httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where Do I Create Queues in MPM Worker
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:13:31 GMT
ricardo13 wrote:

> I want to modify MPM Worker (worker.c) to develop some scheduling
> algorithms.
>
> A first scheduling algorithm would be implement priority. Two queues
> (worker_queue1 and worker_queue2) of sockets where threads (workers) "get"
> all requests from worker_queue1 first, after"get" all requests from
> worker_queue2.

Now we are talking! You should explain that initially ;)

> That is what I wanted to do.

I suppose each 'queue' would bind to a different listener,
otherwise this is a sort of throttling.
Since worker connection model is protocol independent and
if you wish a url/host based scheduling you cannot do that inside
worker since http protocol is handled after the worker handles
the connection. The only possible solution for a connection
scheduling would be scheduling a different connection pools
(eg. events on different listening socket)

Regards
--
^(TM)