httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Schrauwen <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FTP open questions
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:02:11 GMT
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:28 AM, William A. Rowe,
Jr.<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Just finished the last showstopper.  I would be happy to advance this
> to release / general availability vote with the next release, if we can
> determine just a few oddball issue resolutions.  Jim and I have already
> gone ahead and moved many internal interfaces out of the private headers,
> which was my motivation for holding off a year ago.
>
> Should we advertise the commands we have not implemented, or remove them?
Yes, It's always useful to know for a more advance user.

> Should we alert the user to the ServerAdmin address in the HELP contents?
Maybe reuse ServerTokens for this?

Full/OS => serveradmin + unimplemented commands
Minimal => unimplemented commands
Minor => only list implemented commands
Major => only list allowed commands
Prod => no help?

That way the server admin still has a say in it?

Not sure the extra coding is worth it though.