httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: OpenSSL 1.0.0
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:31:44 GMT

On 28 Jul 2009, at 22:15, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Totally in support of STATUS for backports; this code differs
> enough that
> it's no longer a backport.  The toolkit wrappers alone were
> significantly
> re-factored between these branches.

There are other proposals that are not backports.  STATUS is about
review, regardless of whether a proposal is a simple backport or
bears little or no relationship with /trunk/.

I'm not objecting to the patch, I'm objecting to bypassing the
*process* that flags it up for my attention!  Now it's in STATUS,
if it reaches +3 and gets backported, that''s just fine, whether
or not I've reviewed it myself by then.

--
Nick Kew