httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with mod_mbox
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:58:06 GMT
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 08:48:23AM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> mod_mbox is open source:
>
> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/>
>
> patches welcome :)

I'm kept more than busy enough with CouchDB! Heh.

> The Infra team isn't aware of a good alternative, but sure, if there
> was one, we would consider using it.

Well, the W3C use hypermail:

  http://www.hypermail-project.org/

And it weems to work well enough for them:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2009Jul/0137

Is there a list I should address this suggestion to?

> I wouldn't call it 'dead', but sure, mostly unmaintained. It needs
> some loving, especially on the user interface.

Does the ASF have any way of promoting jobs like this? There may be someone with
a chunk of spare time to improve this software. And we already missed this
year's Google Summer of Code.

Best,