httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kevac Marko <ma...@kevac.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy. mod_proxy_balancer and failovers
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:05:23 GMT
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM, "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group"
<ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com> wrote:
> A 404 is no error regarding balancing and a proper HTTP response by the backend.
> You need to send back a HTTP_INTERNAL_ERROR or a HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE in this
> case but without any error page.

Maybe I should describe our position more deeply.

Imagine one have 1000 workers and something breaks in one of them.
This broken worker somethimes returns BLA_BLA_HTTP_ERROR.

Yes, ideally this worker should be found and it should be fixed, but
it does not mean that user should see BLA_BLA_HTTP_ERROR, when there
are 999 workers in good shape.

--
Marko Kevac