httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kevac Marko <ma...@kevac.org>
Subject mod_proxy. mod_proxy_balancer and failovers
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:26:57 GMT
Hello.

I am using mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer for proxying requests to
group of workers.
Recentry I have stumbled upon issues with failover retries when worker
returns error.

For example I have balancer with 10 equal workers. One of them breaks
and for 1 of 10 requests return HTTP_NOT_FOUND.

I am not able to tell or configure either mod_proxy or
mod_proxy_balancer to make request to another worker if previous one
returns HTTP_NOT_FOUND.

I think that this should be pretty demanding feature. What do you
think? I am willing to fix mod_proxy and to implement this feature. By
the way nginx has it.

--
Marko Kevac