httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: incubator proposal for (what was once) Inktomi Traffic Server
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:20:17 GMT
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Albert Lash <albert.lash@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Speaking of code, I'd be very glad to see more C / C++ in the Apache
> projects. Java is fine but I think Apache went overboard with it a
> little.

"Apache" is not a committee that decides what should be developed or imposes
standards like selection of implementation language or other such details.
The common aspects are instead issues like governing structure, licensing,
and community model.  (See http://incubator.apache.org/ and docs linked from
that page.)

The predominance of one language or another simply reflects the desire of
the groups that started the projects.

Or:

Start a project (and of course select implementation details like language).
Generate shared interest in ongoing open source development/support.
Decide as a group that you agree with ASF principles and would like to see
it as an ASF project.
Go to http://incubator.apache.org/ and proceed from there.