httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Some ramblings on httpd config
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 19:07:24 GMT
On 6/3/09 2:45 PM, "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrauwen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to admit lua would be more flexible but I think most server
> admins have atleast come into contact with XML... while not
> necessarily the case with lua.

XML with conditionals. Please, make it stop...

I think we are going to have to choose one way (the current way, lua,
something else) and just go with it.

Nice thing about lua is that the configuration is the runtime "script."
There is no external and internal representation of things. (Well, not
exactly, but close...).  Lua is fast enough to just run every request - most
of the "hard" stuff is still in C.

Mod_rewrite goes away, which is a good thing :)

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer