httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Some ramblings on httpd config
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 18:39:21 GMT
On 6/3/09 2:09 PM, "Joachim Zobel" <jzobel@heute-morgen.de> wrote:

> This does IMHO not address any of the problems users usually have and
> that are mainly due to a lack of validation.

First of all, I don't really care about "normal" users, to be honest. Admit
it, I'm not the only one.  However, I do know that we can't just break
everything for them.

> See
> http://people.apache.org/~rbowen/presentations/apacheconEU2005/hate_apache.pdf
> for what I consider a good description of the current problems.

It solves most of the "Missing" page, I think. Also, if the lua doesn't
compile, it's not a valid config.  A few of the other points are addressed
by using lua with some "helper" libraries.

We could ease into this by having modules provide some lua glue for use in
the lua handlers (proxy and cache in particular).

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer