httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r785425 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/mappers/mod_dir.c
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 00:14:39 GMT

On 16 Jun 2009, at 23:21, André Malo wrote:

> * niq@apache.org wrote:
>
>>  static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
>>  {
>>      ap_hook_fixups(fixup_dir,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_LAST);
>> +    ap_hook_fixups(fixup_dflt,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_LAST);
>>  }
>>
>>  module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA dir_module = {
>
> Without further checking: should we ensure the fixup_dflt is
> executed after
> fixup_dir? Or is it already (Looks actually random to me)? Maybe it
> should
> be a late handler instead?

The order is unimportant.  The circumstances under which the two
functions
do anything other than return an immediate DECLINED are mutually
exclusive.

I haven't thought through why fixup_dir runs when it does, but I'm
reasonably confident that what works for DirectoryIndex will work fine
for its young cousin DefaultHandler (or whatever Bill changes that to).

--
Nick Kew