httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Ionescu <bobsie...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r785425 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/mappers/mod_dir.c
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:57:54 GMT
2009/6/17 Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com>
> It seems to me that "Default" is right - it implies what should be done
> when no more explicit configuration applies.  E.g. DefaultType,
> DefaultIcon, etc.
>
> Whether this is a "Handler" I'm not so sure of.

I'd call it DefaultMapping or so to avoid confusion with SetHandler.
Usually, the therm "handler" is known to be somewhat file
resource-independent unless you're using the Action directive and
associate a specific cgi-script to a handler.

DefaultMapping /index.php
AddHandler php_handler .php

is more intuitive IMHO since the directive maps the request /foo to
/index.php if no corresponding resource was found in the filesystem
and no content handler was associated (e.g. via SetHandler).

Bob