httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Creating a new thread inside a module
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:14:34 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Perhaps adding something like ap_preloaded_modules table to which
> the module can assign itself. But I presume there'll be and issue
> with the pool used for LoadModule.

Yes and no...

the loaded module will be "cleaned up"/"unloaded" and reloaded (the
register_hooks are called again).

But the dso will be loaded 2x, the second time against the process
pool, so it won't be "cleaned up"/"unloaded" for real until the
final process teardown.

Interesting Q to me, as the aspdotnet author, is that if I change
the code so that mod_aspdotnet doesn't try to unload itself (see
that asp_net_lock code that is commented out), but let the process
pool cleanup of the mod_aspdotnet module do so, will it still bite
the big one on the way down :)  It's an interesting question, so
I'll answer your question by hacking a bit at mod_aspdotnet to get
it ready for such a new API and use the apr_dso loaded against the
process pool, instead of locking the module with the win32 api.