httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_noloris: mitigating against slowloris-style attack
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:53:46 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> How would you keep an index keyed on client-IP using scoreboard?
> Or did you have something else in mind?

Exactly; this could not be keyed.  Not without additional data and
additional cross-thread+cross-proc locking semantics.

If we can tolerate a 'soft limit' then simply memcmp'ing the client
of scoreboard slot might be more efficient than the whole locking
and db access overhead, at least for cases of ~500 clients or less.
To get a hard and fast limit, locking is required.