httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rotatelogs - Adding timeout for reading from stdin
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:24:06 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>
> I'd leave rotatelogs alone, please.  Its design is not flawed.  But
> I think Jim was working on something which would release the file
> just as soon as its time is up, and that is useful across all of
> the architectures, not windows specific.

Attached is the patch that uses 1 second timeout when reading
from stdin (hard-coded because we have 1 second rotation resolution).

Unfortunately I had to make WIN32 specific peace of code,
cause we don't have APR_FILES_AS_SOCKETS on that platform.

Code was testes both on windows and linux and it works like
a charm (rotation is done at exact time regardless of log events).

Regards
--
^(TM)