httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject file listing oddity
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 21:32:38 GMT
Here's an oddity to consider;

FNM_PERIOD is part of the pattern match of both autoindex and ftp.

In the case of autoindex, we default to a pattern NULL so there is
no fnm pattern matching, and by default all files are autoindexed.
But there is still an odd behavior; the first two of...

  http://localhost/foo/
  http://localhost/foo/?P=*
  http://localhost/foo/?P=.*

do not produce expected identities, but dot files can be listed
as illustrated in the third example.

In the mod_ftp case, ls is treated as ls *, not pattern NULL, so
the second example above is triggered and dot files are hidden.

It seems to me that neither module should use FNM_PERIOD, and there
are other ways of not disclosing dot files where desired, and the
pattern "*" should match the existing NULL behavior.

Comments?

Bill