httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Schrauwen <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some ramblings on httpd config
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 18:45:18 GMT
I know I'm playing with fire now but...

XML based config could solve a few of the problems, XML can also be validated.

I have to admit lua would be more flexible but I think most server
admins have atleast come into contact with XML... while not
necessarily the case with lua.

of course a sort of <code lang="lua">some lua config stuff</code>
would be possible to

if httpd would export some binding glue module for example
lua,c,perl,... could be provided so complex configurations can
potentially be done in a language the admin is familiar with.

puts down the oil and matches and waits for the blaze to start.

~Jorge