httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r773881 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: CHANGES STATUS include/http_core.h modules/filters/mod_include.c server/config.c server/core.c
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 20:40:20 GMT
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> > - existing Perl modules (and potentially other third-party modules) will
> > confuse include-with-exec and include-without-exec
>
> Any better to leave the old values of SSI/SSINOEXEC as unused  in
> 2.2.x and choose high numbers for the new macros?

I think that is something of an improvement in that some modules which would
make the wrong decision with the current code would flat out fail with your
suggestion (it wouldn't think includes were enabled at all).

Then somebody complains to the module author and we tell them that they need
to use different bit checks based on the 2.2.x version.  (This really makes
no sense.)

(Oh, and no swapping levels of mod_include.so as a diagnostic step.)

(I should shut up now until/unless I roll up my sleeves; it is disrespectful
of the effort that went into this.)