httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r773881 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: CHANGES STATUS include/http_core.h modules/filters/mod_include.c server/config.c server/core.c
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 15:15:00 GMT
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:17 AM, <covener@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: covener
> Date: Tue May 12 13:17:29 2009
> New Revision: 773881

> Log:
> backport 772997, 773322, 773342 from trunk.
> Reviewed By: jorton, rpluem, covener
>
> Security fix for CVE-2009-1195: fix Options handling such that
> 'AllowOverride Options=IncludesNoExec' does not permit Includes with
> exec= enabled to be configured in an .htaccess file:
>
> * include/http_core.h: Change semantics of Includes/IncludeNoExec
>  options bits to be additive; OPT_INCLUDES now means SSI is enabled
>  without exec=.  OPT_INCLUDES|OPT_INC_WITH_EXEC means SSI is enabled
>  with exec=.

Current mod_perl tarballs reference OPT_INC_WITH_EXEC as part of mapping the
httpd API into perl, and the mod_perl build fails because of this.

("modperl_config.c", line 525: undefined symbol: OPT_INCNOEXEC)

While I don't understand why the mod_perl mappings are created at release
time against who knows what httpd, it brings up an interesting httpd issue
anyway.

If some module does have OPT_INCNOEXEC baked in (32), it matches what
2.2.12+ thinks is OPT_INC_WITH_EXEC.  Similarly, the old OPT_INC_WITH_EXEC
(previously called OPT_INCLUDES), maps what 2.2.12+ thinks is
OPT_INCLUDES-without-exec.

We could swap the values of OPT_INCLUDES and OPT_INC_WITH_EXEC to lessen the
chance of some theoretical module making the wrong decision.

We can also define OPT_INCNOEXEC to something (either the new OPT_INCLUDES
or "Get your mod_perl patch at XXX").