httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy / mod_proxy_balancer
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 19:07:57 GMT

On May 5, 2009, at 3:02 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>> I have committed the code... It works for my tests.
>>>
>> Beat me to it :)
>> BTW: I did create a proxy-sandbox from 2.2.x in hopes that a
>> lot of what we do in trunk we can backport to 2.2.x....
>
> Yep but I think we should first have the reset()/age() stuff working
> in trunk before backporting to httpd-2.2-proxy :-)

For sure!!

BTW: it seems to me that aging is only really needed when the
environment changes,
mostly when a worker comes back, or when the actual limits are changed
in real-time during runtime. Except for these, aging doesn't seem to
really add much... long-term steady state only gets invalid when the
steady-state changes, after all :)

Comments?