httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: ap_slotmem
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 16:21:48 GMT

On May 13, 2009, at 12:01 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>>
>>> Then he can't use the stuff :-(

>>> I have malloc() / free() / getused() / getfree()  switchable logic
>>> that I can add quickly. Basically it create a table of used and
>>> free slotmem  additionally to data it.
>>>
>> *grin*
>> Yesterday I added in a 'inuse' table,
>
> With a int * instead a char * we could have a kind of next free to
> have a fast grab(alloc).

My impl was just a flag table to determine if the slot was used or
not (and hence 1 or 0). If we can overload this for other goodness, then
+1.

I am thinking also 2 other things:

   1. We should prevent a get or put if the slot has never
      been grabbed (alloc'ed).
   2. We should get rid of the ap_slotmem_mem() function...
      The user should never need to know the pointer to
      the dataset; all access should be via the slot number
      and slot name.