httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.3 beta?
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 23:37:05 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
>> Are you certain NetWare should be building the ftp_lowportd.c?  (It can,
> the error I posted wasnt from NetWare but from SuSE Linux 10.3 / AP
> 2.2.11, and seems that for whatever reason there's mpm.h missing with
> the SuSE apache2-devel package.

Bugger; we'll have to see what we can do, but it was there for cause.

> BTW. do you agree that we look in configure.apxs first for apxs2 and
> then for apxs?

-1; APXS=apxs2 ./configure.apxs is a quick and simple workaround.

> Many distros seem to rename the apxs for Apache 2.x (BTW.
> its probably a good idea that we do that too already in sources - then
> we would find this equal over all distros).

Yup, and many distros do many forked up things that we don't need to bother
with, just as long as there is a trivial workaround, as above.

Zarro sympathy for the pain those distros cause to their users by forking
around.