httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.3 beta?
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 08:14:10 GMT
mod_ftp fans;

We seem to have identified and solved our remaining 0.9.2 beta issues,
so it's time for another, perhaps the final try on the way to GA!

Please fetch up the newly prepared mod_ftp-0.9.3.tar.gz (available
now), or the win32/netware/os2 suitable package mod_ftp-0.9.3-crlf.zip
(still needs to sync in the next hour) from:

  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/mod_ftp/

review, take it for a spin, and cast your choice

  [ ] -1 for any release of 0.9.3 (regressed from 0.9.2?)
  [ ] +1 to release as 0.9.3-beta
  [ ] +1 to release as 0.9.3-beta, and ready to tag GA (1.0.0)

Please let us know if you test the two significant issues;

CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:

  * EPSV and EPRT need real world testing for different routing and DMZ
    cases and validating a range of IPv6-enabled clients' interop.
    Note many IPv4-only NAT routers appear to ignore EPRT commands,
    even as they would fix up NAT addresses from PORT commands.

  * Extra attention should be paid to PORT and EPRT connections, especially
    when assigned low numbered ports, e.g. FTPActiveRange 20

These are my only hesitations in blessing the release 1.0.0 just yet.
Please be brutal in respect to testing both aspects :)

For getting started,

http://httpd.apache.org/mod_ftp/

and

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/tags/0.9.3/README-FTP